A resource about plastic surgery and cosmetic dermatology procedures
Plastic Surgery Review is intended to be a resource for individuals considering elective medical surgical and non-surgical procedures. Most people who are looking to undergo aesthetic enhancement procedures report an anxiety around their search for qualified professionals with the necessary training and certifications.
For best results and safest outcomes, choose a board certified professional. While there are a number of societies and academies that can certify physicians to perform certain procedures, only a handful are nationally recognised in US and Canada to require the highest level of training and experience for their respective members.
In the United States these are:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology
In Canada these are:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Dermatology Association
As a first step in searching and vetting a provider, you may search these public databases for membership status and the standing of your chosen provider.